Welcome to my Blog

Welcome to PatsPassion's Blog. My Blog is where I will be giving you the latest updates, specials and events coming to PatsPassion on Etsy. I will also be posting pics of my newest projects I am working on.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Memory Wedding Quilt-Part 2

This is the 2nd part of the Wedding quilt I am in the process of making for a customer. The first part was about the process of making of the front of the quilt from the setting of the blocks to the sewing it all together. This 2nd part is about layering the backing, batting and front together and quilting it.

The fabric came this weekend for the backing of the quilt. We chose a chartruesse background in the same line as the border for the front-Sugar Pop From Moda.


This morning I set about putting the three layers together. First I taped the backing to the floor so it would  stay completely taut and not move:


  Then I layered the batting over that:


Then I placed the front of the quilt on top of that and pinned many, many safety pins all over the quilt through all three layers to keep it together while being quilted:



I should be finished with the quilting tomorrow and then I just have to put the binding on it to finish it. It should be on it's way to my customer by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank your for looking at my post.